Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Grey Knights and Special Weapons

Ok, so no pictures today due to an amazingly busy day with real estate. I might have a house on the horizon. I might not. Anyway...

I am currently trying to write a tactica article for the Bolter & Chainsword. I've asked for help from the community there, but no bites yet. My topic is a fairly difficult one. I am to write on the proper uses of Special Weapons in squads of Power Armoured Grey Knights (PAGK, for short). I believe that they have a very good place within the squads and advocate thier use. I'm not saying that every squad needs to be laided with Special Weapons, but only that they have their uses.

Tenets established in my Tactica so far:

- The Psycannon and the Incinerator add value to the squad when used properly. Of course the Psycannon isn't going to be as useful if the guy who puts it in a squad insists that he has to move and shoot his storm bolters every single turn. There are turns when a well-placed stationary Psycannon can make a difference. It can provide just the punch that is needed to shoot down a specially troublesome enemy, or provide extra punch with the storm bolter brothers. Incinerators are, in my opinion, invaluable to a well-placed Teleport Attack Squad. I prefer to use Teleport Homers to bring them in, but I like 2 Incinerators for these squads. Usually they will be firing on units that have some cover. Heh heh. Not anymore!

- They are expensive, but they are worth it.

I haven't exactly strengthened this part of the argument yet, but I will be developing this, along with some examples of properly placed/sized/and used units with Special Weapons.

Well, that's about it for today. Yeah, I've had a really busy day.

The Emperor protects.

D.G.

No comments: